Pineapple Pina Coladas
"Shawty seen my wrist, said it look like pineapple, Shawty super thick, bet she taste like pineapple."
- "Pineapple" Ty Dolla $ign feat. Gucci Mane & Quavo (2017)
Pineapples are really having a moment right now! I see them on clothing and in home decor. I decided to hop on the trend and enjoy them in my next cocktail. This is super simple and incorporates fresh pineapple.
- 1/2 cup Dark Rum (I used Malibu Black)
- 1 pineapple to chop into chunks
- 1 Can of Coconut Milk
First, grab your pineapple and chop it into chunks. Search on youtube the proper way to chop it up. I kept going until I filled a small bowl. Also, set some aside to garnish with.
Put the pineapple, coconut milk and ice into the blender. Then add 1/2 cup of rum. Blend until smooth. That's it!
- If your Pina Colada is not strong enough, add a rum floater to the top of your drink
- Taste as you go to make sure you have that pineapple coconut flavor
- I usually pick my pineapple slightly ripe and then let it ripen on my counter. I use it once the leaves turn brown